Learning Center & Tutoring
Work one-on-one with tutors. Access computers. Attend workshops. If you have questions or need some help with your classes, reach out to us! Get help with your studies beyond the classroom at the Learning Center.
Need help with your studies?
Additional Support & Resources
What to Expect
Prepare for the session - have questions, practice problems, and notes ready to share with the tutor.
- Tutors explain course material in a different way and repeat course information until you are comfortable with the material.
- Tutors provide processes, not solutions. You will still need to arrive at answers on your own.
- Tutors encourage YOU to guide the session, ask questions, and be an independent learner.
- Tutors serve as a supplement to the learning that occurs in the classroom. They are not a substitute for attending class.
- Tutors actively listen to you.
- Tutors respect diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and learning styles.
- Tutors maintain knowledge of the subjects they tutor.
- Tutors will not do your work for you.
- Tutors will not provide answers without involving you in the process to arrive at the right answer.
- Tutors are not your professor. They will not teach the coursework. Tutors can provide clarification and practice with a concept, but are not the primary source for learning the material.
- Tutors will not engage in conversations about faculty members or quality of courses.
- Tutors will not discuss current or potential grades with students.