The Testing Center at Nashville State Community College adheres to all National College Testing Association standards and provides a secure, proctored testing environment for students. Here, you can take the Accuplacer, CLEP, and Graduation Exit exams, as well as any make-up or proctored exams needed for your courses.
Schedule an Appointment
Testing on all campuses requires an appointment. All appointments should be scheduled a minimum of 48 hours in advance. If an alternate testing time is needed, please email Testing.Center@nscc.edu with your specific request.
Appointments by Campus
- Clarksville Campus
- Dickson Campus
- Humphreys County Campus
- North Davidson Campus
- Southeast Campus
- White Bridge Campus
Reschedule or Cancel an Appointment
Please email or call the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance if you will not be able to keep your appointment.
Testing Center Student GuidelinesLearn More
Testing with Accommodations
Students who require accommodated testing are required to make appointments a minimum of two business days in advance with the Access Center. For learning more about testing with accommodations, please contact the Access Center.
Accuplacer testing is provided to students that have an application on file and are suggested by Admissions to take the test.
Options remain available for you to move forward and register for classes without placement testing. Students are not required to take a placement exam. You can elect not to test and simply register for learning support courses if you do not have prior test scores or college credits that place you at the college level.
- On-Campus: Appointments may be scheduled at any of our campus locations.
- Remote Testing: This exam may be taken remotely from our own computer or electronic device. To register, please complete the Accuplacer – Examity Remote Test Request Form.
ESL students take the Accuplacer test in Math only. ESL students are required to have permission to take the test from the ESL Coordinator, email@example.com, or from Admissions, 615-353-3215.
Already have subject knowledge? Get credit for what you already know with CLEP. CLEP offers 33 different exams that cover a variety of subjects such as business, composition, literature, foreign languages, history, science, math, and more.
CLEP Sign Up Steps
- You must have an account at CLEP’s website: clep.collegeboard.org
- Sign up for your chosen CLEP test and pay $90.
- Print out your test voucher.
- Sign up online for a testing appointment at either the White Bridge or Clarksville campuses.
- Pay the Proctor Fee of $28.50 online when you sign up for your testing appointment.
- Bring your CLEP approved ID and CLEP voucher to the Testing Center.
All students graduating with a degree or certificate from Nashville State Community College are required to take a graduation exit exam during their final semester.
Technical Certificate: If you are graduating with a technical certificate, please contact your program advisor or program director for information on the Technical Program Exit Exam.
Degrees: If you are graduating with a degree from Nashville State Community College, you will need to schedule an appointment to take the Graduation Exit Exam (CCTST) with the Testing Center. Currently, there are two options to take the exam:
- On-Campus: Appointments may be scheduled to test at any of our campus locations.
- Remote Testing: This exam may be taken remotely from your own computer or electronic device. For complete details, please complete the Graduation Exit Exam Remote Test Form.
The Testing Center of Nashville State Community College subscribes and adheres to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The mission of the Nashville State Community College Testing Center is to support the academic goals of the College by providing a multitude and variety of testing services in a quiet, secure, and proctored testing environment.