D2L Resources for Students
Every course at Nashville State has a corresponding “shell” inside NS Online (also known as D2L). NS Online is where you will go to access your courses.
- Log in to your class
- Guide: How to Log in to NS Online/D2L
- Video: How to Log in to NS Online/D2L (0:58)
- Guide: The D2L Home Page
- Video: The D2L Home Page (1:17)
- Guide: The D2L Course Home and Navbar
- Video: The D2L Course Home and Navbar (2:50)
The Content section of a course is where you will find any files, readings, or instructions your instructor has added.
- Guide: Navigating Content
- Video: Navigating Content (2:31)
The Assignment Dropbox area is where you will submit assignments and files.
- Guide: Submitting to Assignment Dropbox
- Video: Submitting to Assignment Dropbox (3:33)
- Guide: Reviewing Dropbox Feedback from an Instructor
The Discussions area is where you will participate in online discussions with your instructor and classmates.
- Guide: Posting to a Discussion
- Video: Posting to a Discussion (1:55)
The Quizzes area is where you will take all quizzes, tests, and exams your instructor has assigned.
- Guide: Taking a Quiz
- Video: Taking a Quiz (2:14)
Your instructor might require you to take quizzes and tests using LockDown Browser or Respondus Monitor. Lockdown Browser prevents you from accessing other websites or programs while you take a test. Respondus Monitor activates your webcam to monitor for academic dishonesty during exams.
- Guide: LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
- Video: LockDown Browser and Monitor (2:48)
- Guide: Student Tips for Testing with Respondus Monitor
The Grades area shows grades and feedback you have received on assignments.
- Guide: Checking your Grades
- Video: Checking D2L Grades (1:46)
In addition to your NSCC Student Email, you can also send emails to your instructors and classmates from inside of D2L.
- Guide: D2L Email
- Video: Sending D2L Email (2:27)
“Virtual” courses have scheduled Zoom meetings. You may also schedule meetings on Zoom with your instructor. Your instructor will provide any Zoom meeting links.
Stay connected on the go! You can enable text message notifications of new announcements in your courses so that they come to your phone.
- Guide: Enable Text Message Notifications
- Video: Enable Text Notifications (2:25)
Download the Brightspace Pulse app to get push notifications from your courses and stay up to date from your mobile device.
Download: Google Play™ or Apple App Store®