Transfer Students

If you’ve taken classes elsewhere, don’t let your credits go to waste. Save time and money by transferring your credits from previous institutions to Nashville State. Transfer and apply today!

Application Deadlines

Don't miss your chance to apply! Application deadlines are as follows:

Steps to Transfer

Step 1: Application

Submit your application by the deadlines listed above.

Apply Now

Step 2: High School Transcript

Request that your high school forward an official transcript to our Welcome Center. If you have a GED or HiSET, request that a reporting institution sends a copy directly to our Welcome Center.

Step 3: College Transcripts

College transcripts are required from all previously attended colleges. We do not automatically award credit from international colleges. However, if you feel the course content is equivalent to a course taught at the same level at NSCC, you may submit an educational credential evaluation and course descriptions. 

Upon receipt of the educational credential evaluation, the Records Office will distribute your request to the academic division for evaluation. If your coursework is approved by the academic division, you will be awarded a transfer for credit of the approved course(s).

How Do My Classes Transfer?

Step 4: Immunization Waiver

To get this certificate, submit the Immunization Form to the in your application status portal. Official copies of State Health Department or military immunization forms will be accepted in lieu of the certificate.

Step 5: Take Placement Assessment

Transfer applicants with college-level English and Math with a grade of “D” or better will be exempt from the placement assessment. 
Applicants may submit ACT or SAT scores if the scores are no more than five years old.

You are not required to submit testing scores, however, you will be placed into Learning Support coursework.

You may also take the Accuplacer Test to test out of Learning Support coursework.

Step 6: Proof of Citizenship

Every student receiving in-state tuition, or receiving state public benefits, must provide proof of citizenship or lawful presence. There are many ways you can verify this. Documents must be presented in person or uploaded to your application status portal. 

Hussian/Daymar Students

How to Get My Transcript

Kaplan Students

How to Get My Transcript

Brightwood Students

How to Get My Transcript

Additional Information for Transfer Students


All transcripts must be official and sent to NSCC directly from your previous institution. Official transcripts can be sent to NSCC in one of three ways: 

  1. E-Transcript Service: National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, using as the receiving account.
  2. Mailed by the previous school:
    NSCC Welcome Center
    120 White Bridge Pike
    Nashville, TN 37209
  3. Delivered in person by the student in an envelope sealed by the records office. If the envelope is opened, the transcript will not be accepted. 

Transfer students will have their transcripts evaluated for proof of competency in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. Applicants lacking college-level work in these areas have the option to undergo a placement assessment or be placed in learning support courses. Support coursework taken at other TBR institutions will be posted to your record and be considered in the number of attempted hours but will not count as hours earned toward the program of study. 

If you do not meet the admissions standards of Nashville State Community College or your last term of enrollment resulted in academic suspension, you can still be admitted on academic probation. This may require you to undergo a placement assessment and be placed in required courses. 

Academic Review Committee 

You must meet with the AVP of Student Affairs to begin the academic review process if: 

  • Your last term of attendance at NSCC resulted in academic suspension. 
  • You are currently serving a suspension at another institution. 

If the Academic Review Committee recommends admission, you will be required to take the placement assessment. 

Learn more about what to do if your previous school (located in Tennesssee) has closed.

Need help with financial aid?

Let Us Help

Contact Us

Call, email, or stop by anytime! The Nashville State Welcome Center team is here for you. If you want to speak with someone at a particular campus, find them on our Campuses page. 


Welcome Center
2nd Floor of S-Building
White Bridge Campus


Monday-Thursday: 8 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM