Be a Nashville GRAD
We know that completing college can be a tough task, especially for students who already work hard to cope with many responsibilities while earning their degrees. And we want to help.
The Nashville GRAD program provides eligible students with financial and academic support while pursuing a full-time education at Nashville State. We will give you the support you need to complete your degree.
"I was fearful of college. Due to the support I receive at Nashville State and by taking my studies seriously, my college experience has been joyful and successful."
-Dulce Davila, Nashville State Surgical Technology student and Nashville GRAD participant, Antioch High School graduate
What You'll Get
- $300/semester to reduce (or eliminate) costs with textbooks
- $100 monthly support paid in two $50 installments (for gas and groceries)
- A new laptop to help with coursework
- Financial support to pay for necessary tools and equipment*
- Coverage for industry certification fees*
- Special class scheduling, allowing you to create a schedule that fits your availability
- Dedicated career development support services
- Advisor support and personalized guidance to help you succeed at Nashville State
- The chance to build a strong network by taking classes with other Nashville GRAD students
*applicable to certain courses
Students using Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect are eligible for Nashville GRAD.
- Enroll full-time at Nashville State Community College in an Associate Degree or Technical Certificate program*
- Reside full-time in Davidson County one year prior to completing the FAFSA
- Not have previously earned an associate's or baccalaureate degree, and have less than 15 credits prior to applying to the program
*Some exclusions may apply based upon math placement and degree program. Contact a Student Success Advisor or NashGrad@nscc.edu for more information.
How to Join
The Nashville GRAD application deadline for Spring 2022 is January 7, 2022.
- Be fully admitted to Nashville State
- Complete FAFSA
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Attend an Information Session
- Meet with a Student Success Advisor
- Fill out Nashville GRAD Application. Please use your A# and password to log in (same information to log in to your myNSCC account). Once reviewed, a Student Success Advisor will contact you regarding eligibility and next steps.
To maintain eligibility, students must:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Complete the FAFSA each year
- Participate in Nashville GRAD's academic and personal success initiatives
Student Engagement Opportunity Calendar: View upcoming opportunities to connect with other students and learn more about student success!
Student Engagement Reporting Form: Complete this form to document your attendance for any engagement activities you attend.