Resources for educators and staff
We support our Nashville State faculty and staff so that they can, in turn, support our students. Find campus information, compliance guides and more on this page and in this section.
Office of Online Learning
We are learning support for faculty at Nashville State, so if you are an NSCC instructor seeking online support for NS Online/D2L courses or need assistance with using syllabus templates, lecture capture, video conferencing, accessibility tools, or just want to discuss strategies for delivering engaging online courses, please contact the support team at the Office of Online Learning.
Resources for Faculty & Staff
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Resources for Students
Share these resources with students in need.
Computer and Network Security Reminder
- Lock you computer when you step away. Don't leave it unattended. The shortcut to lock your Windows computers is Windows+L. For Mac computers, it's Command+Control+Q. Also consider setting up auto-lock after a period of inactivity.
- Save confidential/sensitive information in password-protected files.
- Make sure your home network is set up securely with password. Avoid public Wi-Fi or unsecured Wi-Fi.
- If you must use a public Wi-Fi, follow these tips from the Federal Trade Commission to protect your privacy and identity.
- Backup important files to the college's OneDrive cloud storage.
- Beware of phishing emails and websites. Do not open attachments or click on links unless they're from a known, trusted source.
Mark your calendar with these important upcoming dates.
Get to know your surroundings and services with these guides for campus communication.
Banner, SciQuest, and Argos support services.
Use the learning support documents below to place students into the experiences they need to gain the knowledge they need.
Advising - Learning Support English and Reading
Advising - Learning Support Math
Registration Issues and Troubleshooting - Application Navigator & myNSCC
- ADA Faculty Cover Form – Test is Online
- ADA Faculty Cover Form – Paper Test
- Departmental Makeup Exam Faculty Cover Form – Test is Online – Instructor form ONLY for individual student makeup exams
- Departmental Makeup Exam Faculty Cover Form – Paper Test – Instructor form ONLY for individual student makeup exams
- Student Virtual Proctoring Opt Out – Student form – Opting out of virtual proctoring for NSCC Web Online course exam
- NSCC Web Online Courses – Instructor form when a student is opting out of online course exam virtual proctoring
- Program Exit Exam – Instructor form for individual students' program exit exam
- Credit by Departmental Exit Exam – Instructor form for Dean-approved PLA
- Pre-Approved ESL Accommodations – Test is Online – Instructor form
- Pre-Approved ESL Accommodations – Paper Test
Access Center Training Videos
What are accommodations and how did they come about? (Part 1)
Policies and Procedures for Accommodations (Part 2)
Supports for Students with Disabilities in the Classroom (Part 3)
Join a committee at Nashville State.
Environmental Concerns Committee
Curriculum Committee Sharepoint
Explore study abroad programs through the Tennessee Consortium for International Studies.
A release form is required prior to using the facility.