Nashville State Visual Communication Students Earn Record Breaking 12 ADDY Awards
During the recent 58th annual American Advertising Federation Nashville Awards ceremony at Ascend Amphitheater, it was announced that nine Nashville State Community College Visual Communications A.A.S. students won a total of 12 student awards.
This marks the most awards won by students in the College’s Visual Communications department.
Nashville State’s award-winning students:
- Mari Davis (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
GOLD – Special Event Materials, Exhibit Brochure
SILVER – Publication Design, 3 Book Cover Series
SILVER – Integrated Brand Identity Campaign, The Echo Guild Brand Identity
- Eric Dawson (Photography A.A.S.)
SILVER – Still Photography, Night Skies
SILVER – Still Photography, In His Study
- Jeff Pead (Photography A.A.S.)
GOLD – Still Photography, Malik
- Rebekah Gizaw (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
SILVER – Product or Service Sales Promotion, Greatest Hits New Wave LP Design
- Natalie Hickman (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
GOLD – Product or Service Sales Promotion, Holiday Hangover Tea
- Brittany Hooper (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
SILVER – Special Event Materials, Saul Bass Brochure + Poster
- Isaac Marquez (Photography A.A.S.)
SILVER – Still Photography, Sophia
- Christina Rush (Photography A.A.S.)
SILVER – Still Photography, Story Bigger Than Me
- Rene Simmons (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
GOLD – Direct Marketing, Mate Subscription Box
"The design and photography work are remarkable and is a testament to the talent and hard work of the students and dedicated mentorship of the faculty," said Dr. Michael Sundblad, dean of Nashville State’s School of Arts and Humanities.
History of Nashville State ADDY competition results:
- 2023 – Nine students won 12 ADDYs
- 2022 – Four students won five ADDYs
- 2021 – Four students won seven ADDYs
- 2020 – Three students won seven ADDYs
- 2019 – Four students won four ADDYs (A student’s design was also selected by a team of professionals to be used on all marketing materials for the 2018 competition)
- 2018 – Five students won 10 ADDYs
All Nashville State Community College student winning art can be viewed by clicking on this link.
Nashville State Community College Foundation has for six years provided a grant to cover student entry fees, due to the generous support of private donors that fund scholarships and program enrichment funds.