We know that completing college can be a tough task, especially for students who already work hard to cope with many responsibilities while earning their degrees. And we want to help. The Nashville Flex program provides eligible students with financial and academic support while pursuing a part-time education at Nashville State. We will give you the support you need to complete your degree.
Be a Nashville Flex Student
What You'll Get
- Up to $150/semester to reduce (or eliminate) costs with textbooks
- Up to $150 monthly support paid in three installments (for gas and groceries)
- Access to check out a laptop to help with coursework
- Special class scheduling, allows you to create a schedule that fits your availability
- Dedicated career development support services
- Advisor support and personalized guidance to help you succeed at Nashville State
- The chance to build a strong network by taking classes with other Nashville Flex students
Are You Eligible
- Students using Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect are eligible for Nashville Flex
- Enroll part-time (at least six credit hours) at Nashville State Community College in an associate degree or technical certificate program
- Reside full-time in Davidson County one year prior to completing the FAFSA
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor’s degree, and have less than 15 credits prior to applying to the program
"It's care. It's support. It's knowing that you are not on your own."
How to Join
Step 3: Enroll at Nashville State
Once admitted you can:
- Choose your program of study.
- Attend orientation.
- Find your advisor.
- Register for classes.
Step 4: Complete the Nashville Flex Application
Use your A# and password to log in (same information to log into your myNSCC account).
Once reviewed, a Student Success Advisor will contact you regarding your eligibility
and the next steps.
Nashville Flex Application
Student Engagement Opportunity Calendar: View upcoming opportunities to connect with other students and learn more about students' success!
Student Engagement Reporting Form: Complete this form to document your attendance for any engagement activities you attend.
Contact the Nashville Flex Advisor