Equip yourself with new skills. Advance in the workplace. Continue your education – for free! Tennessee Reconnect helps Tennessee adults get their degrees or technical certificates tuition-free. See if you’re eligible for the Tennessee Reconnect program and attend Nashville State without having to pay tuition.
You Can Be Tuition Free
- Helps adults return to higher education and complete a degree or certificate.
- Offers up to five, tuition-free years at a community or technical college. This gives you enough time to earn a two-year associate degree or a technical certificate in a high-demand career or technical field. Many programs can be completed in a year or less.
- Is a “last dollar” scholarship. After gift aid is applied, TN Reconnect will cover the remaining balance. It does not cover books or extra fees, such as fines, electronic books, online fees, etc.
- Will not cover the additional fees associated with TN eCampus courses.
You may be eligible if you...
- Are an adult over 23 years old.
- Have been a TN resident for at least 1 year.
- Don’t already have a college degree from the U.S. or abroad.
- Are deemed an independent student on the FAFSA.
Helping You Every Step of the Way
Apply for Tennessee Reconnect
- Create a login on the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) portal.
- Once you have created an account, select “Apply for Scholarships” on the TSAC portal, and then choose “Tennessee Reconnect.”
- Complete the application and submit it.
- Your personalized Reconnect Success Plan will be generated. Make sure you review it and print it out or save it to your computer.
Once admitted you can:
- Choose your program of study.
- Attend orientation.
- Find your advisor.
- Register for classes.
Visit How to Enroll for more information.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Stay continuously enrolled every fall and spring semester with at least six credits.
- Complete the FAFSA every academic year.